The rest of the "Ten Reasons" story

>> Friday, April 17, 2009

If you're wondering what I did with that list in my article, here's the rest of the text.

Find any that sound familiar? During my career, I’ve heard all of these (and another ten or so as well). If this were a book, I’d write a chapter on each. But instead, here I will address only the last one. Does God care? Yes, and no (depending). Does God care that I attend one church over another? Not really. Does God care that I miss a Sunday or two here or there? Probably not. Does God care that I opt not to walk with him on a regular basis? Indeed he does.

Those of us who have received Christ’s baptism, who have confirmed our faith and commitment publicly, have a promise to keep. We have promised, as people who claim Christ’s name (as Christians) to walk with God. Health does not get in the way with this. Business shouldn’t either. Is being a Christian demanding? You bet! Anyone who has implied otherwise has deceived you. As far as other things bringing us more pleasure…. We ever need to re-examine our relationship with God to see whether it is God, or us, who prevent it from being pleasurable.

God cares. He wants (he expects) us to spend time with him, whether it’s summer or not. So this summer, plan to spend time regularly with God. And, if some of it is at Emerald Grove Church, we’ll look forward to being together. May God give us all a good summer…to walk with him.

0 comments: